Saturday, April 15, 2017

Finland!

Hello everyone!

Today, I'm off on the journey of a lifetime to Helsinki, Finland! I'm going with a cohort of educators from Notre Dame of Maryland University to study the highly ranked curriculum and schools in Finland. The Finnish school system is quite different from ours- for example, students do not start school until the age of 7 and most are finished school for the day shortly after lunch time.

I'll be posting pictures and information about our observations and experience on a blog for my NDMU class at www.NDMFinland.blogspot.com. Please feel free to check it out!

I will be missing three CCPS school days, but the wonderful Mrs. Donaldson will be taking over in my place. If you have any urgent questions or concerns during the days directly after Spring Break, please refer them to the BES front office. Thank you!


1 comment: